The Athletic Excellence Program (AE) aims to develop motivation, confidence, and competence in students by exposing them to a wide variety of sport and activity. AE is founded in the belief of physical literacy, which grants students access to knowledge and skills necessary for an active and healthy life.
Registration (Opens March 1, 2021 for the 2021 - 2022 program at 9:00 am to new registrations) (FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED) Our soccer program is full at this point, please email email@example.com to be put on the wait list.
- Reserve your spot by going to www.schoolinterviews.ca and enter event code endae
- $240 deposit required upon registration (non-refundable) (link will be emailed)
- 6 term monthly payment plan of $160 starting September, 1, 2020 (Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb) with payments being due at the start of each month. (payments must set up prior to September 1st at https://starcatholic.schoolcashonline.com. Missed payment may result in removal from program
- Total program cost=$1,200.00
- Program takes place during school hours, Tuesdays and Thursdays for a portion of the afternoon
- NO core subjects missed, homeroom teachers are to teach art, drama, extra PE, etc. during PLP program times
- Receive specialized instruction from various coaches/trainers, PE specialist--Kevin Onyschuk, and professional athletes
Tuesdays: students will develop skills and literacy in activities not included in regular PE programming. Examples include: canoeing, kayaking, paddle boarding, zip lining, archery, rock climbing, rappelling, kickboxing/self-defense, swimming, inline skating, fencing, golfing, tennis, skiing/snowboarding, and more!
Thursdays: students will advance skills and literacy in their sport of choice: hockey or soccer. Thursday sessions will take place at the Leduc Recreation Centre, soccer students will be led by the University of Alberta Green and Gold Soccer Academy, hockey students will be led by Kevin Onyschuk and Brian Shackel (owner of Making Stridz Athlete Development)
Register early!! The program has a cap of 48 students: 24 students accepted into the hockey strand, 24 students accepted into the soccer strand. Students registering for hockey must have a full set of hockey equipment. Equipment bags may be dropped off at the school Thursday mornings or alternative arrangements can be made. Soccer students require shin pads and indoor soccer cleats. Grizzly wear is included in fees and will be handed out in September.
For more information on the program or for any questions, comments, or concerns you may have please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org