OUR ATHLETIC EXCELLENCE PROGRAM IS NOW FULL FOR THE 2018 - 2019 SCHOOL YEAR. IF YOU WISH TO BE PUT ON A WAITING LIST, PLEASE CALL US AT 780-986-9300.
The Athletic Excellence Program (AE) aims to develop motivation, confidence, and competence in students by exposing them to a wide variety of sport and activity. AE is founded in the belief of physical literacy, which grants students access to knowledge and skills necessary for an active and healthy life.
Registration (Opens March 1, 2018 to existing students and March 8, 2018 to new registrants) (FIRST COME FIRST SERVED)
- Our program is currently full for next year.
- $250 deposit required upon registration (non-refundable)
- 6 term monthly payment plan of $150 starting September, 1, 2018 (Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb) with payments being due at the start of each month. (payments must set up prior to September 1st at https://starcatholic.schoolcashonline.com. Missed payment may result in removal from program
- Total program cost=$1150.00
- Program takes place during school hours, every Tuesday and Thursday afternoon from 12:25-3:10PM
- NO core subjects missed, homeroom teachers are to teach art, health, extra PE, etc. during PLP program times
- Receive specialized instruction from various coaches/trainers, PE specialist--Kevin Onyschuk, and professional athletes
Tuesday afternoons: students will develop skills and literacy in activities not included in regular PE programming. Examples include: canoeing, kayaking, paddle boarding, zip lining, archery, rock climbing, rappelling, kickboxing/self-defense, swimming, inline skating, fencing, golfing, tennis, skiing/snowboarding, and more!
Thursday afternoons: students will advance skills and literacy in their sport of choice: hockey or soccer. Thursday sessions will take place at the Leduc Recreation Centre, soccer students will be led by the University of Alberta Green and Gold Soccer Academy, hockey students will be led by Kevin Onyschuk and Brian Shackel (owner of Making Stridz Athlete Development)
Register early!! The program has a cap of 44 students: 20 students accepted into the hockey strand, 24 students accepted into the soccer strand. Students registering for hockey must have a full set of hockey equipment. Equipment bags may be dropped off at the school Thursday mornings or alternative arrangements can be made. Soccer students require shin pads and indoor soccer cleats. Grizzly wear is included in fees and will be handed out in September.
For more information on the program or for any questions, comments, or concerns you may have please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org