École Notre Dame School is proud to offer to Leduc and area two licensed Early Learning Programs with certified Early Learning Educators. Our instructors - Katherine Dunlop and Nancy Foley, are excited to join your child as they begin their educational journey. Both École Notre Dame Preschool and our Kindercare programs offer play-based programming that provides a framework for development of the whole child through activities that enhance each child's intellectual, social, emotional, physical, creative, spiritual development, and language literacy. We believe the early years are the most critical time for children's development. We believe that children are successful, competent and capable learners who take pride and ownership in their learning. We have incorporated the latest developments in early learning, and the Alberta Flight Early Learning Framework Model as a basis for our program. We see our role as their educators, as not to "fill the child with knowledge", but to observe children's spontaneous inquiry, providing them with the resources they need to explore and make discoveries.
Our programs support the uniqueness, growth, and development of the child in an environment in which relationships are important and assist the child in their learning journey.
Preschool (4 year old program):
Ecole Notre Dame Preschool is included in the new Government Funding program which allows accessible, affordable childcare for your family. Please see the details below.
Registrations for the 2023.2024 school year can be started on January 16th at 9:00 am. Your child must be 4 years old as of December 31, 2023, to attend. Please go to www.schoolinterviews.ca and enter event code: presc
* * NEW - we will be accepting 3 year old registrations for this year! If you would to register for September 2023 - please follow instructions above! Your child must be 3 by September 2023 and must be potty trained. Please register for the Tuesday/Thursday pm class ONLY
We are offering morning and afternoon classes.
M/W & T/Th morning class times are 8:45 - 11:15am (4 year old programs)
T/Th afternoon class times are 12:15 - 2:45pm (3 & 4 year old program)
Class size: 15 students
To register and reserve a spot, please go to www.schoolinterviews.ca and enter event code: presc . You will be emailed further instructions.
When registering, please select the class that works best for you; if you do not find availability in the class you prefer, please email email@example.com to be put on a wait list.
- Individual Welcome to Preschool Meetings begin early September
• Classes start after Welcome to Preschool Meetings with staggered entry (Date TBA)
• Classes end the middle of June (Date TBA)
- No Fundraising!
Notre Dame Preschool is pleased to announce that as a Government of Alberta Accredited licensed Childcare Program, we are eligible for the Government of Alberta Affordability Grant funding.
The Government of Alberta Affordability Grant is provided directly to licensed preschool and childcare programs so that parent fees for all families can be lowered. Parents do not need to apply for this program, it will automatically be provided.
Fees are as follows:
- $250.00 ($200.00 non-refundable registration + $50.00 supply fee due upon registration)
- $750.00 – as we are an Accredited Licensed Program this is paid by the Affordability Grant from the Federal Government; no cost to families.
- $750.00 rostering Fee ($75 per month. This will be waived if parents volunteer in the classroom, in which case this would be $O)
Total cost (Parents that choose to Roster) = $250.00 (the deposit only) - parents volunteer approximately 10 times/year
Total cost (Parent that cannot Roster) = $1000.00 - no volunteering required (deposit of $250.00 and then the remaining fee will be split up to 10 payments @ $75.00 each – September - June)
Subsidy is also available
Families who make less than $180,000 are eligible for an additional subsidy to further reduce their childcare costs. For more information, Please go to:
• Parents are to provide a peanut/nut free snack for their child based on the Canada Food Guide.